XP Theme Source Patcher: Changelog
Version 126.96.36.199 - February 27, 2012
- Added code to detect whether the source folder has already been integrated previously.
- "Use Pro" box enabled when integrating to Media Center Editions.
Version 188.8.131.52 - January 7, 2012
- Rewrote some code dealing with the visual themes and Icon Only packages.
Version 184.108.40.206 - December 26, 2011
- Fixed the code flagging whether or not the theme package is a Full Pack or Icon Only.
Version 220.127.116.11 - December 15, 2011
- Updated Reshacker to v3.6.0.
- Fixed CAD 2009 background replacement issue that phasma found.
- Replaced System Restore creation code with code that calls SRCLIENT.DLL directly. (Issue found by phasma)
- Fixed several incorrect entries in XPtsp.ini that phasma found.
- Removed code responsible for selecting different Task Manager themes.
Version 18.104.22.168 - November 17, 2011
- Fixed issue with MCE detection on both Home and Professional Integrations.
- Added MCE detection line to the Live Install's program install path page.
- Removed bootscreen patching and visual style replacement while using Icon-Only packs.
Version 22.214.171.124 - November 2, 2011
- Resolved MCE issue with files not moved prior to Live Install/Integration
Version 126.96.36.199 - October 30, 2011
- Source refreshed with v188.8.131.52 to remove DRIVER.CAB problems.
- TASKMGR.EXE hex-patching re-enabled and working correctly.
- COMCTL32.DLL hex-patching modified to correctly patch the SYSTEM32 file.
- Removed PEChecksum.exe for smaller SFX size.
- Re-enabled CABLITE.DLL's PE Checksum corrector.
- Changed code so that usernames, like those with ampersands, won't cause problems.
- Altered default state of "Use Pro style" to be unchecked for XP MCE.
- Changed OS detection for Integrations to show Home or Pro and if MCE components available.
Live Install Changes:
- Altered code responsible forcing XP Pro theme to be used to remove both Home folders.
- Altered code to use MCE visual style to be used when installing on MCE.
- Modified kernel should now be enabled in BOOT.INI.
- Added the "Create System Restore" option as it makes sense for Live Installs.
- Added code to comment out Royale references in MEDCTROC.INF when setting visual style.
- Modified code to remove temporary cab folder after building each CAB.
- Removed the "Create System Restore" option as it doesn't make sense for Integrations.
- Changed default volume labels for Media Center discs to use original CD volume labels.
Version 184.108.40.206 - October 29, 2011
- Missing changelog information. Version pulled due to DRIVER.CAB problems...
Version 220.127.116.11 - May 15, 2011
- Added support for an "Icon Only" theme package.
- Removed Pre-Processing & translation tasks for "Icon Only" packages.
- Added new value "FullPack" in Version.ini for "Icon Only" packages.
Version 18.104.22.168 - January 6, 2011
- Altered code so that uncompressed files are properly handled.
- Modified code so that uncompressed INF files are compressed after modding.
- Fixed ComSel code to look at correct section in "XPtspCom.INF".
- Removed some code that may have produced incorrect file repatches.
- After CPL makes change to TASKMGR.EXE, CPL GUI is redisplayed.
Version 22.214.171.124 - January 5, 2011
- Moved source XPTSPCOM.INF detection code to Source Selection page.
- Added ability to patch "WMP10.CAB" in addition to "WMP11.CAB".
- Modified code so that uncompressed "SVCPACK.INF" is used if found.
- Modified code so that uncompressed "SYSOC.INF" is used if found.
- Modified code so that uncompressed "SMSS.EXE" is used if found.
- Modified code so that uncompressed "WBEMOC.INF" is used if found.
- Modified code so that uncompressed "XPtspCom.INF" is used if found.
Live Install Changes:
- Moved live XPTSPCOM.INF detection code to Installation Path page.
- Fixed issues dealing with wallpaper extraction for CAD2009 customization.
- When using batch with GUI, batch is no longer copied to Archive folder.
- Moved "XPtspCom.INF" from temp folder to INF folder to make Repatcher work.
- x64 Only: Fixed file replacement code to reduce the chances of screwing up the OS.
- Re-Enabled Repatcher to auto-run at Windows startup.
- Fixed issues with wallpaper conversion and replacement.
- ComSel code changed to look at "XPtspCom.INF" to see if file has been patched.
Control Panel Changes:
- Re-Enabled Repatcher functionality through Control Panel.
Version 126.96.36.199 - December 27, 2010
- Integration: Fixed the "Copy Source Folder" checkbox from being unclickable.
- Added option for "XPtsp Batch" to Theme Selection's Browse button.
- After browsing, "no picture" is shown for themes without a preview.
- Modified Preview window code so XPtsp GUI is reactivated during closing preview.
- Removed message box with "_Reshacker" title from code.
- Added Language ID of file being patched to XPtsp log file.
- Eliminated a Task Manager reshacker error due to missing file.
- Integration: Added code to remove resource and extras folder upon exit.
- Excluded EHRES.DLL from resource translation. (1st attempt)
Batch Version Support:
- Changed batch filename detection from checking for "_batch" to ".exe".
- When extracting batch versions, two attempts are now made to close batch window.
- Added code to copy "Version.ini" (ver 1) to Extras folder for batch files.
- Batch exe no longer gets copied to i386 folder (to mimic batch version behavior).
- Modified the code to deal with missing SYSOC section in "Version.ini".
- Modified code so that using CAB/INF combos don't produce errors if they don't exist.
Version 188.8.131.52 - October 16, 2010
- Moved logs cab creation code to during integration/install page.
- Added code to create logs folder for integration purposes.
- Modified File modification method used for translating resources files.
- Corrected reshacker log handling code so that log files get transfered.
Version 184.108.40.206 - October 9, 2010
- Removed the message box displayed about the variable $B.
- Added code to avoid overwriting TASKMGR.EXE.RES if it already exists.
Version 220.127.116.11 - September 4, 2010
- Task Manager res file not duplicated if TASKMGR.EXE.RES is found in resource folder.
- Added additional res patch for Task Manager in order to patch correct color bars.
- New theme uploader code has been added (requires valid FTP credentials)
- Added additional check to file compression code to abort if source file disappears.
- If dialog file is detected, English dialogs are deleted and dialog file is used instead.
Version 18.104.22.168 - July 25, 2010
- Theme Selection page now recognizes local modified versions of the theme package.
- Shortened waiting for window to close period from 60 seconds to 10 (WUAUCPL.MUI).
- Patching no longer occurs on a file when the res file is 0 bytes in size.
- Fixed the uninstaller so that backup files replace the modified files.
- Fixed the uninstaller so program folder isn't removed before reboot.
- Removed UXTHEME.DLL option in Component Selection for Windows 2000.
- Repatcher has been disabled from starting at Windows startup.
- /BOOTLOGO and /NOGUIBOOT switches removed from BOOT.INI while installing new kernel switch.
- Rewrote hex-editing function for UXTHEME.DLL, adding support for XP Gold and SP1.
- Rewrote hex-editing function for SFC_OS.DLL, adding support for XP Gold and SP1.
- Added hex-editing function for SFC.DLL for Windows 2000.
- Rewrote hex-editing function for TASKMGR.EXE to remove crashing problem.
- Removed hex-editing function for REGEDIT.EXE.
- Added messages to display if unsupported version is detected in hex-editing routines.
Additional Options page:
- Removed option to disable if resource translation should occur on English OSes.
- Removed option to deal with non-English XPSP?RES.DLL files in Live Install mode.
- Removed option to disable correcting PE Checksum during resource integration.
- Corrected file locations for IE support on non-English OSes.
- Fixed the translation code so that all files are translated and installed correctly.
- Translation mappings changed in XPtsp.ini.
Version 22.214.171.124 - July 19, 2010
- Added a line to Installation Page to show detected OS type within the window.
- Reverted TASKMGR.EXE hex-editing code back to v126.96.36.199.
- Fixed the code so that all options aren't incorrectly disabled.
- Fixed the code to duplicate Home resources for Win2k/2k3 so that Pro doesn't also get them.
Version 188.8.131.52 - July 18, 2010
- Fixed the bootscreen issue introduced with v184.108.40.206.
- Moved some code around so that Hex-editing messages appear before patching messages.
- Fixed SVCPACK code so that theme package gets copied to a XPTSP extension, not THEME.
Additional Options page:
- Fixed code in new tab (v220.127.116.11) so that controls are disabled when they shouldn't be.
- Log-keeping feature introduced in v18.104.22.168 removed in favor of logging only errors.
- Option to enable debug GUI mode removed from "Misc" tab.
- Added code to correctly set "Use Professional Theme" flag within the code.
- "Create System Restore Point" option moved from Optional Components to Additional Options.
- Added code to properly detect background and most default XP sound filenames.
- Corrected the code so that translations actually take place. Most files are now translated.
- When compiling a RC file fail, the RC files are copied to Logs for diagnostic purposes.
Version 22.214.171.124 - July 17, 2010
- Added minor code in order to continue supporting older theme packages.
Version 126.96.36.199 - July 16, 2010
- Updated space requirement info on Live Install and Integration Source pages.
- Fixed the version check code when it checks for updated GUI versions.
- Restored visual elements of Extra's GUI Page back to v188.8.131.52.
- Rewrote internal code dealing with duplicating Home resources for Win2k/2k3 when necessary.
- Fixed code that moves theme-specific visual styles from resource folder to extra folder.
- Added code to build dated CAB of all logs made when keeping log files option.
- Re-Added location of BLISS.BMP to XPtsp.ini (Somehow it got deleted).
Additional Options page:
- Added "Misc" tab with more options to the Additional Options.
- Moved option to disable resource translation from Extra's page to new tab.
- Added an option to not translate non-English XPSP?RES.DLL files during Integration.
- Added an option to keep all logs regarding resource file integration.
- Added an option to enable GUI debugging mode from within the GUI.
- Added an option to use Professional visual theme instead of Home on non-Pro OSes.
- Added an option to disable correcting checksum values in files on Live Install.
Version 184.108.40.206 - July 12, 2010
- Added check to make sure hex value are valid for TASKMGR.EXE and bootscreen palette.
- Rewrote function to recompile dialog in WUAUCPL.MUI because it apparently doesn't work.
* WUAUCPL recompiling code modified to wait up to 60 seconds for Reshacker to close.
Version 220.127.116.11 - July 9, 2010
- Added function to recompile dialog in WUAUCPL.MUI prior to applying res file.
- Modified code so that original resources aren't overwritten when translating.
- Modified TASKMGR.EXE hexing code so that possible out-of-bounds array error doesn't occur.
Version 18.104.22.168 - July 8, 2010
- Modified resource translation code to translate only non-English dialog text.
Version 22.214.171.124 - June 19, 2010
- Fixed issue where Additional Programs were installed regardless of item's checked state.
- Added code to Theme Selection page to check to see if newer version of GUI is available.
Experimental 64-bit support:
- Changed method of passing list to a function so that entire list can be processed for 64-bit files.
- Removed empty EXPLORER.EXE from resource x64 folder.
- Added empty SHELL32.DLL.RES to resource x64 folder if it doesn't already exist.
- Added code to skip hex-editing on TASKMGR.EXE and REGEDIT.EXE.
- Removed option to edit bootscreen during patching of x64 operating systems.
Version 126.96.36.199 - June 17, 2010
- Added Reshacker and Resource Compiler log handling code to the GUI.
- Fixed the code that does MCE detection for integrations.
- Fixed the code that changes the Setup resolution for integrations.
- Changed code so that checksum of PE files only happens during integrations.
Experimental 64-bit support:
- Fixed the code so that UXTHEME.DLL.RES isn't deleted prior to x64 patching.
- Added empty MSGINA.DLL.RES to resource X64 folder if it doesn't already exist.
- Added empty EXPLORER.EXE.RES to resource X64 folder if it doesn't already exist.
Version 188.8.131.52 - June 14, 2010
- Fixed issue where debug flag was incorrectly enabled.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in uncompressed files being deleted after patching.
- Modified patching routine to show if compressed name is different from resource name.
Experimental 64-bit support:
- Modified all registry read/write functions for compatibility with x64 operating systems.
Version 184.108.40.206 - June 6, 2010
- Fixed the operating system detection code so that the correct OS is reported.
- Added code to check for pending file operations before allowing program install folder to be selected.
- Modified code dealing with file browsing to use SFX folder as default folder.
- Removed OOBE replacement for Windows 2000 and Windows 2003.
- Split NetMeeting components into their own group in Component Selection.
- Rewrote code so that hardlinks to res files are created when possible to reduce disk space used.
- Fixed file patching percent bar to start at 0% instead of 10%.
- Eliminated unnecessary file copying in order to try and speed up Live Install process.
- Corrected some GUI issues regarding disabling and enabling GUI pages.
Features from Beta v2.999.0.x series:
- Translation code has been included and enabled.
- English language file has been updated with new strings for dialog boxes.
- XPtsp.INI has been updated with dialog box line mapping information.
- Using older themes with beta GUI will result in notification about older version.
Updated Experimental 64-bit support:
- Upgraded Reshacker to version 3.5.2 in order to support 64-bit files.
- Removed "Experimental Support" message from Repatcher after installation on x64 OSes.
- Added another task for patching the AMD64 folder on x64 operating system source folders.
- Added another task for patching the 64-bit files during a Live Install.
- Added code to fix a Reshacker problem with icon 0 in Setup.exe and SrClient.dll.
- Added code to account for file redirection mechanism in order to patch files in 64-bit OS.
Version 220.127.116.11 - April 17, 2010
- Added experimental support for Windows 2000 and 2003 Server.
- Added experimental support for Windows XP x64 Professional.
- Added message about experiment support when using the patcher on for X64, 2000, and 2003.
- Code modified to use Home Edition bootscreen for Windows 2000 and 2003.
- XP Pro bootscreen still used for XP X64 Pro.
Version 18.104.22.168 - April 12, 2010
- Fixed each page so that the "/SILENT" switch works as expected.
- Copied bootscreens from batch versions and placed them in BOOT folder in GUI.
- Before patching starts, bootscreens from BOOT folder are copied to resources folder.
- Log file now shows minutes and seconds instead of total seconds as time completed.
- Fixed Repatcher so that correct page is called in order to build a list of files to patch.
Version 22.214.171.124 - March 31, 2010
- Fixed Component Selection code regarding individual items to flag them correctly.
Version 126.96.36.199 - March 17, 2010
- Updated to latest non-beta version of AutoIt.
- Altered Extra's Package code to install custom "Version.ini" if using v1.0 Extra's.
- Altered Component Selection code to fix some problems with selecting items.
- Modified Component Selection to use information found in Extra's folder for add-on selection.
- Modified patching code to use information found in Extra's folder for add-on use.
- Changed GUI filename in SVCPACK from XPtsp to XPtspGUI to resolve certain errors.
- Added code to change TrueTransparency addon to change default skin appropriately.
Version 188.8.131.52 - March 7, 2010
- Fixed some navigation issues with the GUI where wrong pages would be shown.
- Fixed an issue with "Install Mode" to disable correct radio button.
- Fixed an issue with "Install Mode" so GUI uses Offline mode correctly.
- Fixed GUI so theme info is removed if user goes back and enables offline mode.
- When using batch version, MSC files are moved into seperate folder in Extra's.
- Called 7zip UDF's "Kill Callback" function after each decompression to solve crash.
- Removed error messages causing exit from GUI from 7zip unpacking routines.
- By default, Extra's package unchecked when using batch versions with the GUI.
- Additional programs in Component Selection available only if Extra\Programs folder present.
- Added code to circumvent error in creating animated bootscreen control.
- Modified update code to use internalized unzipping function.
Version 184.108.40.206 - March 6, 2010
- Added option on the "Choose Install Method" page for offline use of patcher.
- Integration page is shown, but Integration option disabled for non-XP OS'es.
- Added "/OFFLINE" switch to allow for command-line offline integration/install.
- Added "/ONLINE" switch to force online integration/install mode.
- Corrected code on "Theme Selection" to show no picture when pictures aren't available.
- Added code on "Theme Selection" page to allow use of batch file versions with GUI.
- Solved issue with Theme Selection page where no theme is selected by default when offline.
- Disabled Task Manager color selection when using a XPtsp batch version.
- Added code to move visual theme from theme package before patching begins.
- Internalized unzipping theme files in order to reduce the GUI SFX size.
- Added bootscreens into GUI SFX so that bootscreen option is usable.
Version 220.127.116.11 - March 2, 2010
- Fixed patching routine so that translation code isn't enabled at this point.
Version 18.104.22.168 - February 28, 2010
- Fixed Install Method page so that Live Install can be selected again.
Version 22.214.171.124 - February 28, 2010
- Replaced CDIMAGE.EXE with MKISOFS.EXE, as well as related code in ISO creation page.
- Added the XPTSPORB.JPG file back to the GUI, since it was accidentally removed during testing.
- Added code to verify that XPTSPORB.JPG is present before modifying XP source.
- Fixed the Integration code so that options are not performed if they haven't been unchecked.
- Added some lines to language file that were missed in previous versions.
Version 126.96.36.199 - February 24, 2010
- Fixed ISO Creation page to place correct text where an error message is shown in progress bar.
- Corrected number of tasks for Integration and Live Install.
- Fixed kernel patching problem with an XP install pre-patched with XPtsp.
- Fixed issue with XPtsp GUI and DSI during RunOnceEx by renaming the XPtsp SFX.
Version 188.8.131.52 - February 22, 2010
- GUI now reports errors during Reshacker and create error log with reshacker errors.
- Replacement Remote Desktop files in the Extra's folder gets deleted before patch routine begins.
- Modified Uninstall code to add back code that was removed in v184.108.40.206.
- Language file format moved around (P_04 thru P_08 moved to P_05 thru P_09).
- Localized some strings I forgot about on Source Selection page.
- Kernels are no longer hex-edited if bootscreen palette does not change.
- ISO Creation page now reports if ISO cannot be deleted prior to creation.
Version 220.127.116.11 - January 24, 2010
- Seperated XPtsp logo from XPtsp.exe in order to allow theme packages to replace the logo.
- Default GUI mode changed to Install for XP, Integration for all other OSes.
- Modified Integration page to prompt whether to create folder to copy to if not exist.
- Added code to make Home/Pro integrated with MCE components read as MCE during text setup.
- Modified Live Install code to add back code that was removed in v18.104.22.168.
- Fixed issue with background image not getting replaced during Live Install.
- Fixed memory leak issue with the Update GUI page.
- Added code to actually install latest GUI when it is downloaded via GUI.
- Added code to download and install new DSI versions when available.
- Added code to download and install updated language files when available.
Version 22.214.171.124 - December 29, 2009
- No Extra folder is included in the XPtsp GUI SFX.
- Added new page to use current or download updated Extra and DSI components.
- Additional Options page now shows animated bootscreens when enlarged.
- Correct bootscreen is now shown in Additional Options bootscreen window.
- Rewrote Integration/Installation page to have 2 bars for task and total complete.
- Rewrote ISO creation page to integrate progress bar into the page.
- Control Panel applet tabs rearranged with a More Tools and a rewritten Tools tab.
- Updates code moved from Control Panel applet into it's own window.
- Rewrote Updates code to download GUI and updated resources.
- Integration: Repatcher (aka SFX) is now installed via SVCPACK folder.
- Integration: Bootscreen patched during integration instead of during SVCPACK.
- Integration: CAB patching optimized by patching where they were extracted to.
- GUI SFX has version information stored in the SFX header.
- GUI SFX now requires Adminstrative Priviledges in order to execute.
- License page allows user to check whether to prompt about license ever again.
- Seperated MCE detection from Home/Pro detection in the code.
- Added code to Integration page to show if MCE components are detected.
- Fixed minor array issue after Page 4/5 when server appears to be offline.
- Removed .NET Framework option and related code from Component Selection.
- Enlarged Bootscreen and TaskMgr screens can't be closed by clicking on image anymore.
- Reshacker calls rewritten to assist with detection of Cancel button presses.
- Added REGEDIT.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE hex editing to enable displaying hi-res icons.
- CAD2009 now is modified to use the theme's LogonUI background.
- Completion page changed to show "Minutes:Seconds" instead of "Total Seconds".
- Original XP MCE install is now shown as "XP Pro" with MCE components.
- Fixed minor array issue with date-to-text conversion function.
Version 126.96.36.199 - December 12, 2009
- Corrected some minor Back/Next button issues in the code.
- Corrected downloading window so that proper information is shown.
- Fixed MCE handling code so that files within MEDIACTR.CAB aren't compressed.
- Added error checking around animated gif for loading image.
Version 188.8.131.52 - December 5, 2009
- Upgraded ResHacker to latest version, which includes 64-bit support.
- Modified packing script to include version info in the SFX.
- Integration: Last Source Folder used if i386 folder not found in SFX folder.
- Modified Source Page to allow user to copy to another folder and use that.
- When duplicating source, user is allowed to copy only i386 folder.
- Rewrote theme selection combo-box code on Theme Selection page.
- "Package Info" window shows month day, year instead of mm-dd-yyyy.
- Theme Selection page now records path to theme package for later user.
- Integration/Install code modified to use saved theme package path.
- Removed version 184.108.40.206 modifications to repatcher INF.
- Modified last-minute patching code to correct the bootscreen patching issue.
- Integration: Added Back button to Finished page.
Version 220.127.116.11 - November 27, 2009
- Rewrote the large image preview code for Theme Selection.
- Reverted CAD2009.INF back to version 18.104.22.168 to undo editing that I did.
- Updated XPTSP.INI with new file locations for future file patching.
- Re-included latest DSI (v22.214.171.124), as last version was out-of-date.
Version 126.96.36.199 - November 26, 2009
- Reorganized the Language file to match new page structure in script.
- Live Install is unavailable when running GUI on a x64 operating system.
- OS restriction relaxed so that XP Gold and SP1 can be patched using the GUI.
- Last folder browsed is remember for Source Selection and Theme Selection.
- Modified Theme Selection page so that local copies are compared to online themes.
- Modified Theme Selection page to allow user to browse to unlisted theme.
- Added check to Theme Selection page to verify theme has been extracted properly.
- Downloaded theme package have a [b]theme[/b] extension instead of [b]7z[/b].
- Modified download code so that file size is correctly shown.
- Modified repatcher INF so that all files are copied correctly.
Version 188.8.131.52 - November 16, 2009
- Updated AutoIt to newest beta version.
- Added code to check to see if installer resides on writable medium.
- Modified XPtspCom.INF to add RunOnceEx entry during Windows Setup.
- Modified expanding code to return the internal filename of an compressed file.
- Removed Invalid folder line from Theme Selection page.
- Rewrote part of Theme page for bug workaround in latest AutoIt beta version.
- Modified Components page so that counters are incremented for .NET Framework.
- Changed list of web servers for downloading and updating components.
Version 184.108.40.206 - Released October 17, 2009
- Modified last-minute code to check the OS type before patching bootscreen.
- Modified download page so that counters are incremented before each download.
- Modified download page so that package is downloaded from correct location.
Version 220.127.116.11 - Released July 19, 2009
- Modified code so that SVCPACK folder isn't removed during integration.
- Modified code so that variable for temp folder isn't changed inadvertently.
Version 18.104.22.168 - Released July 19, 2009
- Modified download code so that correct download rate is shown.
- Added code to Page 6 to ensure resource folder is created before extraction.
- Page 9 modified so that the empty COMCTLxx.DLL files are created properly.
Version 22.214.171.124 - Released July 6, 2009
- Fixed patching code so that it correctly patches XPNETDG.EXE.
- Modified install code so that alternate versions of COMCTL32.DLL are located before patching.
- Modified last-minute code so that it finds & patches alternate versions of COMCTL32.DLL.
- Page 7 modified to handle up to 7 alternate versions of COMCTL32.DLL.
- Page 7 modified for more options on XPtsp program integration into XP source.
- Integration: Driver Signing set to "Ignore" to handle unsigned drivers.
- Integration: If no WINNT.SIF exists in i386, a WINNT.SIF answer file is created.
- XPTSP.EXE is run via SVCPACK when Repatcher program isn't included.
- File structure changed so that "Misc" and "Extra" folders are merged.
- "Extra\SP3" folder created to handle files that shouldn't be added to pre-SP3 installs.
- MSC files, as well as replacement MSTSC files, moved into "Extra\SP3" folder.
- Internal function reorganization and streamlined for clarity.
- Added code to auto-detect language if none selected.
- Vista User Accounts Pictures have been put into it's own add-on.
Version 126.96.36.199 - Released July 1, 2009
- LANG: Added "P_30a7" thru "P_30a15" for Control Panel applet "Settings" tab.
- Modified "Settings" page from "32,48,64,128,256" to "32,48,64,96,128,256".
- Modified "Settings" code to correspond to correct values for icon spacing per icon size.
- Added a reboot prompt for icon title wrap, horizontal & vertical spacing changes in "Settings".
- Added "Desktop View", as well as "Hide Desktop Icons" and "Icon Title Wrap" in "Settings".
- Added disabled "Font" button to "Settings" tab.
- OEM Info Generator is run during last-minute patching instead of RunOnceEx.
- During last-minute patching, kernel is copied and patched with new bootscreen.
- Kernel patching code can now edit progress bar's position on the bootscreen.
- Added the black (actually blue copied) and red taskmanager resource files.
- Updated XPtsp.ini with Black and Red taskmanager hex edit lines.
- GUI patches UXTHEME.DLL and SFC_OS.DLL again.
- Integration: File destinations are populated during Windows Setup.
- Integration: File timestamps removed from file information in XPtspCom.inf.
- Code modified so that files are not unnecessarily copied if no modification needed.
- Code modified so that alternate versions of MSTSC.EXE & MSTSCAX.DLL are handled.
- Fixed code on Page 10 (ISO creation) so that working folder isn't changed unexpectedly.
- Page 6 (Theme Selection) changed to default to Green package.
- Adjusted WinFlip.INF to avoid breaking installation.
- Added code to insert UberIcon.INF into an installation.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Released June 13, 2009
- ALL RESOURCES HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GUI!!!
- Added Theme Selection page (Page 6) to allow user to select theme to install.
- Task manager and bootscreen colors set based on theme selected.
- Updated AutoIt to newest stable version (v184.108.40.206). No more Win9x/WinNT support!
- Updated the CAD2009 add-on to do the OS-type branding (Home, Pro, MCE)
- Updated the QTTab add-on to adjust the appearance of Explorer.
- Updated the UberIcon to add the Explosion plugin to the installation.
- Modified code to make the GUI page parent to any Message Boxes that pop up.
- Modified .NET download code to search for available update server.
- Modified .NET download code to copy downloaded installer to GUI installer folder.
- Fixed the code adding the XPtspOrb.bmp to the XP source folder.
- Added new "Settings" page to the Control Panel applet.
- Fixed the code handling patching of files within CAB files.
- Modified XPtsp.ini to fix or handle several files during Live Installs.
- Modified XPtsp.ini to remove all "default" MD5 hashes from the file.
- Modified code to automatically generate the MD5 hash section within XPtsp.ini.
- Rewrote bootscreen replacement code to use "/kernel=" switch in BOOT.INI.
- Modified updating code to extract resources once all updates are downloaded.
- Added two more COMCTL32.DLL files to the Live Install patching list.
- Added same last-minute patching that Bober does in batch version for COMCTL32 files.
- Page 7 modified to make patching all COMCTL32.DLL files as a single group.
- Programs tab in Page 8 has been moved back to Page 7 (Component Selection).
- Page 8 skipped if bootscreen and taskmanager aren't patched during Live Install.
- English language file has been updated to include the strings in GUI.
- Program descriptions in language file revised to better describe what the programs do.
- Resources are not included as part of XPTSPCOM.CAB anymore.
- Resource package is copied to i386 folder for extraction during Setup at T13.
Version 220.127.116.11 - Released May 30, 2009
- Modified code to use "Resources\Green" if it still exists after environmental fix.
- Updated the "QTTab" program to my "QTTab Bar & QT Address Bar" add-on.
- Converted "UberIcon", "TaskTips", and "WinFlip" into add-ons for space savings.
- Added "TransBar", "TrueTransparency", and "ViStart" to available programs.
- Modified code to run all available add-ons silently without user interaction.
- Added code to take over some of the work the INF was doing during Live Install.
- Removed programs from Page 7 (Component Selection).
- Minor change to Page 7 so that Page 8 is always shown (unless running silently).
- Rewrote Page 8 for better display of programs, task manager, bootscreen & GUI options.
- In Page 8, "TaskMan" and "Boot Screen" tabs aren't present if they won't be patched.
- Images on Page 8 are clickable for larger preview image.
- Option added to Page 8 for the new XPtsp Orb that can be displayed during Windows Setup.
- Rewrote .NET Framework code to download if required or requested by user.
- .NET Framework option is disabled if already installed (live) or present (integration).
- Added "TaskMan" and "Boot Screen" tabs to CPL applet using code from Page 8.
- Fixed major issue with hash information not being written correctly to registry.
- Moved bootscreen & taskmanager preview pics from Misc folder to root.
- Added bootscreen & taskmanager preview pics to XPtspCom.inf and XPtspCom.cab.
- Added code to add the new XPtsp Orb wallpaper to Windows GUI Setup.
Version 18.104.22.168 - Released May 23, 2009
- File structure changed in order to better support theme support.
- Added environmental fix to move resources from "Resources\Green" back to "Resources".
- Modified code to move wallpaper from "Resources\Green" back to "Extra".
Version 22.214.171.124 - Released May 22, 2009
- Fixed code so that the current file info is taken out of correct registry branch.
- Added 7za.exe and Process.exe to XPtsp.CAB, as it is impossible to update without them.
Version 126.96.36.199 - Released May 20, 2009
- Fixed uninstaller so that program isn't launched again and shortcuts are removed.
- Added code to flag which programs and/or options were set during installation.
- Added message in log indicating how long patching took for non-repatching activities.
- Modified code so that the working environment is fixed if required for compliance.
- Moved all lines from Current.ini into the registry.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Released May 4, 2009
- Renamed XPtsp.inf to XPtspCom.inf so that XP Setup doesn't copy wrong file to folder.
Version 184.108.40.206 - Released May 3, 2009
- Added "/MODIFY" switch and "Modify XPtsp" shortcut to call Component Selection.
- Modified Page 7 to clarify what checkboxes mean during a non-install Component Selection.
- "Modify files" in CPL re-enabled after v220.127.116.11 disabled that functionality.
- Modified code so patcher completes uninstallation successfully w/o XPtsp.ini present.
- Modified code so that OEM Info Generator completes successfully w/o XPtsp.ini present.
- Renamed XPtsp.inf to XPtspCom.inf so that XP Setup doesn't copy wrong file to folder.
Version 18.104.22.168 - Released May 2, 2009
- Fixed problem where message about missing "Clear_WFP_Message.vbs" keeps popping up.
- UXTHEME hexing code modified to fix "The visual styles could not be applied" problem.
- Fixed problem where Repatcher was launched and after repatch, Page 7 was pulled up.
- Flagged groups as non-patchable to avoid "mystery file" repatching problem.
- Moved code around so that internal file list gets built at beginning of program.
- Rewrote Page 7 file difference function to return correct values for each file.
- Modified code so that functions read the proper files for XPtsp re-installation.
Version 22.214.171.124 - Released April 26, 2009
- Changed OS detection code because code was checking in wrong folder for extracted kernel.
Version 126.96.36.199 - Released April 25, 2009
- Rewrote OS detection code for Live Installs, since Vista is detected as XP on some systems.
- All MD5 hashes are updated per GUI build.
- Removed all "About" links from installation pages.
- Added Page 2 for a License Agreement. Former Page 2 moved to Page 1, Page 1 to Page 0.
- Fixed Page 3 to force integration into a XP source instead of installation on non-XP systems.
- Fixed code in Page 7 that resulted in script aborting with recursion error.
- Fixed problem with Page 7 in which unchecking group didn't uncheck items in group.
- Fixed problem with Page 7 in which unchecking System Restore checked Boot screen.
- Removed Maintainance Mode from the script, as the functionality was redundant.
- Added "About" tab to Control Panel applet, with credits, thanks and links.
- Added "Updates" tab to Control Panel applet.
- Some files moved around so that all parts of a particular resource are together when zipped.
- Fixed Page 9 so that elapsed time is figured BEFORE calling next page.
- Fixed Repatcher code so that files that user didn't want patched don't get patch.
- Found MCE wallpaper location on Live system, add locations to XPtsp.ini.
- Modified all pages to disable current page after pressing Next/Start button.
- Modified replace file code to add file check in %WinDir%\LastGood\System32.
- File replacement happens at system restart now to get a few stubborn files replaced.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Released April 12, 2009
- Fixed code allowing for OEMInfo to be run without Resources being included in Integration.
- Renamed TaskMgr.exe.res to TaskMgr.exe.Green.res.
- Wrote code to repatch files as necessary based on file or resource changes.
- Rewrote Live Patch code to actually count files needing patched.
- Maintenance Mode can launch Repatcher if the user requires it to be manually run.
- Modified Maintenance Mode so that changing options set in Component Selection is possible.
- Modified Uninstaller so that removing just the patcher & backups is possible.
- Added a Control Panel applet, which is a reincarnation of Maintainance Mode at the moment.
- Enabled Repatcher during Windows startup to scan for and repatch modified files.
Version 184.108.40.206 - Released April 6, 2009
- Rewrote OS detection code to properly ID non-English operating systems.
- Added code to copy XP install files from CD to temporary folder.
- Will prompt for second disc when integrating into XP Media Center source.
- Live: Added prompt to download & install .NET Framework v2.0 if not installed.
- Integration: Added prompt whether to get .NET Framework v2.0 for QTab.
- Added code to support Browse button and Edit field on Install Location page.
- Pages renumbered as page numbering was getting to be difficult to work within.
- Timer function modified to stop the clock at end of integration of resources.
- Fixed code so that INETCPL.CPL.MUI inside IE8.CAB gets patched.
- Added new sections to XPtsp.ini for IE/WMP file renaming inside CAB files.
Version 220.127.116.11 - Released April 4, 2009
- Updated TaskMgr.exe.Blue.Res and TaskMgr.exe.Purple.res.
- Folder reorganization to better support future compression of resource files.
- Modified code so that OS type string is language independent.
- Changed the way the GUI detects the OS type on a live system.
- Fixed "Build CAB" progress window so that wrap-around doesn't occur.
- Fixed Integration code to prevent above 100% during DRIVER.CAB/SP.CAB creation.
- Removed code that changed bootscreen to Blue upon detecting Pro or MCE.
- Fixed code so that Task Manager is built correctly for colors other than Green.
- Fixed issue where one of cursors wasn't copied properly during Windows Setup.
- Fixed code so that SFC_OS.DLL gets correctly patched.
Version 18.104.22.168a - Released April 4, 2009
- Resources updated from OFFICIAL batch v22.214.171.124.
- Fixed invalid cursor settings within internal INF.
- Fixed code that resulted in INF copying from "AddReg" instead of "CopyFiles" sections.
- Fixed code that resulted in SP3.CAB files in XPTSP.CAB file.
- Added support for Internet Explorer 8 integrated into XP source.
- Fixed code so the SVCPACK.INF gets updated with the programs to install.
- Fixed code so that the GUI doesn't output a 0-byte SYSOC.INF file.
- Fixed code so that AutoPlay program doesn't replace i386\Setup.exe program.
Version 126.96.36.199 - Released March 26, 2009
- Updated resources to un-official release batch v1.4.6.
- Added file location and description for new FTSRCH.DLL resource file.
- Included updated SFX for QTab.
- XPtsp.ini file has been removed from script, can be easily accessed in SFX.
- Fixed Task Manager screenshots, removing “Original” option.
- Fixed the code in Page 4 so that UXTHEME.DLL and SFC_OS.DLL get patched.
- On Page 4, parent checkbox is also unchecked when all items in the group are unchecked.
- On Page 4, parent checkbox is checked when only one item in the group is checked.
- Updated blue and green bootscreen resources and included red and purple bootscreens.
- Fixed installer so that backups are made of files that get replaced by ones in “Extra” folder.
- Fixed the code so that User Account Pictures get copied.
- Visual Themes, cursors, wallpaper and screensaver settings now applied to system.
- Current theme, wallpaper, cursor and screensaver settings backed up during installed.
- Stopped GUI from killing WScript process that deals with WFP prompts.
- Reboot option removed from "Integration Complete" page, as it dosn't make sense to have it there.
- GUI Uninstaller is confirmed working.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Released March 21, 2009
- Updated resources to pre-release batch v1.4.6.
- Updated modified 7zip SFX module to latest version.
- Updated Drive Space Indicator to latest version.
- Fixed cursor locations within new .theme files, moved into location if cursors are selected.
- Rebuilt UberIcon so that SFX kills running executable before installing.
- Renamed DrvSpace.exe to DriveSpace.exe to remedy "bug" in DSI installer causing hang.
- Added QTab and Visual Task Tips to the programs list that the GUI can install.
- Page 4 modified so that prior states are still active when going back to Page 4 from Page 5.
- Installation code modified so that all files getting patched get installed by the GUI.
- Installation code modified so that files not getting patched aren’t copied during stage 1.
- Installation code modified so that files from “Extra” folder that actually exist get copied.
- Removed option to reboot once complete from integration page.
- Added “/NOTASKTIPS” to disable installation of Visual Task Tips.
- Added “/NOQTAB” to disable installation of QTab.
Version 184.108.40.206 - Released March 2, 2009
- Blocked bootscreen color selection if user doesn't want it patched.
- Blocked Task Manager color selection if user doesn't want it patched.
- Blocked Page 5 from showing if no options are available to set.
- Modified code so that Live Install and Integration both use DrvSpace.exe.
- Enabled Royale visual theme restoration upon uninstall.
- Streamlined JPG to BMP conversion function.
- Removed the dependancy on the need for an external XPtsp.ini file.
- Removed MSC files from Component Selection to remove crash situation after patching.
- Information is now held in Current.ini instead of Patched.ini, going to use a similar format.
- MD5 hashes are stored in MD5.ini for future use.
- Added Page 9 to handle running the GUI on a system that is already patched.
- Currently Page 9 supports only removal of XPtsp. Future plans is for repatching files whose resources have changed.
- Languages folder is copied to the installation folder.
Version 220.127.116.11 - Released March 1, 2009
- Re-removed cursors from USER32.DLL.RES. Somehow they didn't get removed properly....
- Added Task Manager screenshots for the GUI preview (Page 5)
- Adjusted preview windows so that no title is shown in either window.
- Fixed small bug in bootscreen preview so that it works properly.
- Added code before Page 1 for language selection. Doesn't matter because multi-language support isn't present.
- Code modified so that Live Patching is the default if no i386 folder exists where the SFX is executed from.
- Wrote the "About XPtsp" code, link found in bottom-left corner of Pages 1 thru 5.
- Added "/TASKMGR:[n]" switch to select Task Manager color scheme. ([n] is color scheme)
- Added "/BOOTSCR:[n]" switch to select bootscreen color scheme. ([n] is color scheme)
- Added "/LANG:[n]" switch to select languages. ([n] is language desired)
Version 18.104.22.168 - Released Feb 28, 2009
- Added about link to bottom-left corner of pages 1 thru 5.
- Added back the code to delete resources as specified in the batch version.
- Removed cursors from USER32.DLL.RES.
- Copied CABLITE.DLL during Live Install to avoid error during next reboot.
- Added code to allow user to change color of boot screen in Page 5.
- Added code to allow user to change Task Manager theme in Page 5.
Version 22.214.171.124 - Released Feb 17, 2009
- Updated resources to batch v126.96.36.199.
- No files to patch within CAB file now posts a message in the log instead of aborting with error.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Released Feb 16, 2009
- Updated resources to batch v184.108.40.206.
- Modified Page 4 code to add kernel files to internal array.
- Installation Page 7 (Install Finished) renamed to Page 8.
- Integration Page 7 (ISO Creation) renamed simply to Page 7.
- Removed timer and "view log" button from Page 7, "next" button goes to Page 8.
- Completed "/INTEGRATE" command-line switch.
- Modified each page so that the GUI builds all information prior to beginning patching.
- Made changes to reflect changes to batch file version. (see post)
Version 220.127.116.11 - Released Feb 15, 2009
- Updated resources to match batch v1.4.5.
- Option to create System Restore point now works properly.
- Visual Themes are installed properly again.
- "Cancel" button works better during integration of resources.
- "Cancel" button disabled when installation of patched resources begins. (Live Install only)
- Added option to disable replacement of Luna visual theme to Component Selection page.
- Added option to disable replacement of Bliss wallpaper to Component Selection page.
- Modified integration code to support disabling bootscreen, wallpaper & theme replacement.
- Fonts and Aero Cursors installed correctly now.
- When using "/?" on SFX, it will display a short help message detailing install options.
- Modified code to allow bootscreen color selection. No options available on Page 5 at the moment.
- Added timer and view log button to Integration Page 7.
- Bootscreen installation code seems to be broken right now.
- UberIcon program has been included. Options available to disable.
- Added "/NOWALL" switch to disable replacement of Bliss wallpaper.
- Added "/NOMSC" switch to disable replacement of MSC files.
- Added "/NOBOOT" switch to disable replacement of bootscreen.
- Added "/NOVISUAL" switch to disable replacement of Luna visual themes.
- Added "/NOUBER" switch to disable installation of UberIcon.
Version 18.104.22.168 - Released Feb 13, 2009
- XPSP?RES.DLL code re-enabled for Source Integration.
- Added code to handle alternate filenames for mstsc.exe and mstscax.dll
Version 22.214.171.124 - Released Feb 13, 2009
- Fixed Source Page so that it goes to Page 4 instead of Page 5 when "Next" is clicked.
- Fixed endless loop that occurs in Source Page after browsing for destination.
- Option now available in Component Selection to enable/disable SFC patching.
- Hex-Editing options moved into their own group in Component Selection.
- Eliminated duplicate files from "MISC\MCE" folder.
- Added code to patch SFC_OS.DLL to the script, based on FixIt's script that he shared with me.
- Simplified code to patch UXTHEME.DLL and eliminated section in XPTSP.INI.
- Simplified code to patch SETUPAPI.DLL and eliminated section in XPTSP.INI.
- Rewrote TASKMGR.EXE hex-editing to find current color theme instead of assuming original is in use.
- "Cancel" button now kinda works during integration of patches. It'll just take a while....
- Added "/NOHEX" switch to disable all file hex-editing.
- Added "/SFC" switch to enable hex-editing SFC_OS.DLL.
- Added "/NOSFC" switch to disable hex-editing SFC_OS.DLL.
Version 126.96.36.199 - Released Feb 11, 2009
- Replaced INTRO.WMV with version that Kaylar provided.
- Added Component Selection page (Page 4) to installation process.
- Modified section building code to look through array for files to patch.
- Gutted page 5 so that only resolution settings remain.
- Replaced TaskSwitchXP program for WinFlip.
- English language file included for Component Selection.
- Included XPTSP.BAT in 7zip SFX and can be launched instead of GUI run by using "-ai" switch.
- Altered SFX config to display XPtsp icon in extraction window.
- Added "/NORESTORE" switch to disable creation of System Restore Point (Live Install only)
- Added "/NOUXTHEME" switch to disable patching to be able to use 3rd-party themes.
- Added "/NOSETUPAPI" switch to disable patching to disable unsigned driver messages during Setup.
- Added "/NOFILES" switch to disable all file patching.
- Added "/NOEXE" switch to disable patching all executable files.
- Added "/NODLL" switch to disable patching all DLL files.
- Added "/NOCPL" switch to disable patching all control panel applets.
- Added "/NOOCX" switch to disable patching all OCX files.
- Added "/NOAT" switch to disable patching Adminstrative Tools.
- Added "/NOOE" switch to disable patching Outlook Express files.
- Added "/NOIE" switch to disable patching Internet Explorer files.
- Added "/NORDC" switch to disable patching Remote Desktop files.
- Added "/NOMCE" switch to disable patching Media Center files. (Media Center only)
- Added "/EXTRA" switch to disable all file replacing tasks.
- Added "/NOMSC" switch to disable replacement of MSC files.
- Added "/NOOOBE" switch to disable replacement of OOBE files.
- Added "/NOSOUND" switch to disable replacement of XP Sounds.
- Added "/NOUAP" switch to disable replacement User Account Pictures.
- Added "/NOAERO" switch to disable installation of Aero cursors.
- Added "/NOFONTS" switch to disable installation of Segoe UI fonts.
- Added "/NOAUTO" switch to disable replacement of AutoRun program. (Integration only)
- Added "/REPATCHER" switch to disable inclusion of resources in XP source. (Integration only)
- Added "/NOPROG" switch to disable installation of included programs.
- Added "/NOFLIP" switch to disable installation of WinFlip.
- Added "/NODSI" switch to disable installation of Drive Space Indicator.
- Added "/NOOEM" switch to disable running the OEM Info Generator.
Version 188.8.131.52 - Released Feb 5, 2009
- Fixed bug that tried to move files multiple times from same location. Changed to file copy.
- Removed pre-patch commands for LOGONUI.EXE from the GUI.
- Fixed issue where page 7 never shows up if OEM info is generated during Live Patch.
Version 184.108.40.206 - Released Feb 5, 2009
- Updated resources to match batch v1.4.4.
- Fixed some obscure patching problem that was discovered during testing.
Version 220.127.116.11 - Released Feb 2, 2009
- GUI modified to match the screenshots posted found in first post.
Version 18.104.22.168 - Released Feb 1, 2009
- Fixed patcher so that uncompressed files are copied instead of attempting to decompress.
- Fixed CAB expander so that it moves files expanded from CAB files into proper folder.
- Code dealing with non-English XPSP?RES.DLL files commented out.
- Fixed code so that XPNETDG.EXE gets patched.
- Fixed patcher so that hex-edited files are still present in XP source folder.
- Fixed situation where visual theme files were moved when replacement wasn't available.
- Removed Clear_WFS_Message.vbs and JPGtoBMP.exe from the Programs folder.
- Added code to copy BLUE_SS.DLL and METAL_SS.DLL to proper folders when files are available.
- Added code to replace the external JPGtoBMP.EXE program.
- Internalized Clear_WFS_Message.vbs script into compiled script.
- Replaced MAKECAB.EXE and EXPAND.EXE programs using CABLITE.DLL.
- Rewrote CAB building function to use CABLITE.DLL instead of CABARC.EXE program.
- Updated resources to match batch v1.4.3.
- Visual Theme installation is successful!
- Resources updated to match batch v1.4.1.
- SYSDM.CPL resource updated so that System Properties dialog looks correct.
- Fixed Page 3 Browse button so that Next button is enabled after selecting i386 folder.
- Bootscreen installation successful!
- Added hex-edit to SETUPAPI.DLL to fix battery prompt during setup.
- Fixed "/PASSIVE" switch so that it doesn't hang upon execution.
- Added timer so that user can see how long it took to patch the system.
- Added section to XPtsp.ini for SETUPAPI.DLL patching. v5.1.2600.5512 is only version supported at this time.
- Rebooting is OPTIONAL again. Option whether or not to reboot is given.
- Explorer is not killed at ANY point during the patching.
- "/REBOOT" switch added to force rebooting the system after patching is complete.
- "/NOREBOOT" switch added to force no reboot after patching is complete.
- Minor fix intended to make sure IEXPLORE.DLL.MUI gets patched..
- Updated resources to match XPtsp batch v1.4.
- Fixed the Uninstaller so that it finally works successfully!
- Reboots are once again MANDATORY at the end of Live Patching, without option not to reboot.
- Updated Drive Space Indicator to version 22.214.171.124.
- Updated resources to match batch v1.2.
- Completed the "Installation Complete" page for Normal Installation.
- Reboots are now OPTIONAL at the end of Live Patch.
- Modifications made to existing code to ensure that backups are made.
- Integrated OemInfoGen batch code into script.
- Wrote the Uninstall code. Testing so far hasn't been successful....
- Parameter /PASSIVE, /SILENT or /S integrates the patches in a live system without prompting.
- DSI and TaskSwitch programs get installed during Live Patch.
- Modified code so that sections needing patching will be built automatically!
- The ability to patch a Live System is now included!
- Page 2 is now available (selection between Integration and Normal Install)
- Page 3 is now 2 pages, one specifically for each mode.
- Updated resources to match batch v1.1.
- Included new XPSP1RES and APPMGR.DLL resources, found in post #1004.
- Included resources with updated icons, found in post #1006.
- Included new MSC files, found in post #1024.
- Added code to hex-edit TASKMGR.EXE to make Task Manager's graphs blue!
- Updated resources to match batch beta 21.
- Code added to dynamically build the list of files to patch based on the files in the source folder.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 18.
- Code correction to fix location of resource folder, which got passed and modified by another function instead of proper variable.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 17.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 17.
- Rewrote add-on building code so that file list is used to build XPtsp.INF file.
- Fixed issue where resource files aren’t included in XPtsp.CAB.
- Included new resource files that were uploaded by amnesia.
- Fixed source code so that NR_IE7en.CAB doesn’t get compressed to WMP11.CAB.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 16b.
- Fixed source code so that NR_IE7en.CAB doesn’t get compressed to WMP11.CAB.
- Added line of code to enable adding Drive Space Indicator to XP source. (Oops!)
- Updated resources to match batch beta 16.
- Modified patching code so that language-specific resource files get patched even if English version doesn’t exist.
- Rewrote add-on building code so that INF restructuring happens correctly.
- Added Drive Space Indicator v126.96.36.199 to GUI per request.
- Repackaged the OEM Info Generator into a 7zip SFX and modified the beginning of the OEMINFOGEN batch file.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 15a.
- Added code to apply same resource file for other files that end up with same name (XPSP?RES.DLL)
- INCOMPLETE: Added code to apply language-specific resource files (if available) to files.
- Parsed XPTSP.BAT so that all entries in XPTSP.INI have been corrected.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 14.
- Corrected function that customizes the XPTSP.INF file based on user selections on Page 4.
- Added a line in XPTSP.INI in section NR_IE7.Patch to match batch file in beta 14.
- Downloaded latest resources from the forum thread.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 13.
- Changed logo to blue XP box on black background.
- Silent Update: Amnesia updated the Manifest on the 7Zip SFX module.
- Rewrote CAB building function, since I couldn't make MAKECAB work properly.
- Added CABARC program to Programs folder.
- Made modifications to CAB building function to make it work properly.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 11b.
- Small change to script to force CAB builder to build in script folder, then transfer to I386 folder.
- Log file (XPTSP.LOG) now created in XP source folder.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 11.
- Added 1 more file to NR_IE7 section of XPtsp.ini.
- Found destinations for more files for Live System Patching.
- Removed WMM2RES.DLL version check from XPtsp.ini under "NoPatch.ByVersion".
- Added new code to correctly handle LOGONUI.EXE editing.
- Updated resources to match batch beta 10.
- Added code to check version number of files in order to avoid updating certain files.
- Added code to remove read-only attributes from all files in source folder.
- Added code to allow script to update files inside NR_IE7en.CAB.
- Added new sections to XPtsp.ini for file locations for Live System Patching.
- Modded the code to change the TXTSETUP.SIF codes to try to fix this...
- Fixed UXTHEME hex editor so that it PE'd the proper file, instead of trying to PE the compressed file.
- Home image in the AutoPlay has been removed from AutoPlay folder.
- Re-added stuff moved to INI because compiled code was being bit**y about working properly.
- Modded the code for WBEM fix to fix problem found during testing.
- Reverted resources back to batch beta 8 upon reports of problems with the batch version.
- Changed detection code so that it looks for SECEDIT.EX_ instead of strings in TXTSETUP.SIF.
- Since the cursors got deleted from GUI beta 10b, they are re-included.
- File structure changed to move cursors out of Extra folder.
- UXTHEME and WBEM fixes now work correctly.
- OEM Info Generator batch now is run silently with a GUI notification window.
- The debugging statements have been removed to enable the rest of the patching code.
- Instead of using EULA to determine OS type, TXTSETUP.SIF is searched for the necessary strings to identify Home or Pro. If Pro is identified, MEDIACTR.CAB is looked for to determine whether it is MCE.
- WBEM and UXTHEME code has been fixed and confirmed operational.
- Included all resource changes that are included in 188.8.131.52 batch version.
- Browse button has been fixed.
- OS detection has been rewritten to look for strings in EULA.TXT.
- Page 6 has been fleshed out to create an ISO.
- Replaced CABARC with MAKECAB because CABARC was badly mangling my XP source.
- Implemented WBEM fix within the script to fix XP SP3 problem.
- Fixed UXTHEME patching problem.
- Removed duplicated AutoPlay files from the archive.
- All three previously mentioned problems are fixed.
- Implemented the AutoPlay copying code, as I forgot it in my inital release.
- Added a progress bar during compression so that the user won't be wondering what's going on...
- Realized that when a repatcher was written, it would need the tools that the archive came with, so XPTSP.INF has been updated to include those...
- Re-organized the code so that related functions would be grouped together.
- Moved some code from the script itself to XPTSP.INI for future expandability.... (yeah, I know it looks weird)
- Initial release of the GUI version!
- UXTHEME.DLL can be patched directly by the script. (based on Zacam's patch)
- New Aero cursors can be installed by the script, along with modified themes using the new cursors.
- Resources and the patcher can be included in the XP source. (Repatcher not written yet)
- Option to include the OEM Info Generator at startup. (Not written yet)
- Option to change GUI Setup resolution to 1024x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1200, 2560x1600 (all resolutions based on Zacam's patches)