We have implemented the following guide for using our community forums. This guide is designed to strike a balance between the main goal of our forums, providing support, and keeping the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere of our community. Violation of any of these rules will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis.
1. Warez: We do not allow any type of warez, hacks, cracks, key generators etcetera. Linking or giving information about any site that distributes illegal software, or warez, seeking help to circumvent any copyright laws, or encouraging software or media piracy is grounds for an immediate ban. Stealing the work of others and posting it as your own is also grounds for an immediate ban.
2. Posting: Please make an effort to post in normal English, since most people would understand this. This means using full sentences and proper punctuation (and don't blindly trust Google Translate!). Vulgar language is not allowed. This constitutes the use of any kind of offensive, discriminatory, or otherwise inappropriate material.
NOTE: Remember, use of ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in posts is often considered yelling and rude, plus it is difficult to read. Single word or phrase expressions such as “GREAT!”, "WAY TO GO!", "AWESOME!", "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", etc. are acceptable, but complete postings with all capital letters is not.
3. The XPtsp.com Board is here to discuss issues related to our Windows modifications or to get support for the tools and programs we supply. Please use self-explanatory titles (not just: "I need help!") and choose the right board or topic for your question, instead of posting it multiple times.
4. Everybody has the right to their own opinion and we ask you to respect those of one another and please try not to insult anyone. Personal attacks and insults will not be tolerated. There's a difference between debating issues and individuals. Topics started with the sole purpose to debate political issues are not allowed.
5. Accounts: Only one account per user is allowed. You may not impersonate another board member or access or use someone else's account or attempting to access another poster's account. This is strictly prohibited and will result in both your membership and your IP address being banned. Please contact one of the administrators if you have problems logging in.
6. Spamming: No Spam! Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages to gain a higher post count, or just to annoy others is [s]highly frowned upon[/s] strictly prohibited! Commercial spamming and advertising are just as unwelcome.
NOTE: Posts and links about fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted unless previously approved by an adminstrator. Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
7. Report: Please use the 'Report' button for what it is intended: To notify the staff of violations of the rules or needed thread moves. It shall not be used as a communication tool for request or general messages. Abusing the 'Report' button will lead to warnings and eventually the user could be banned.
8. Avatars and signatures: Regarding avatars and signatures, please don't overdo them. Keep your avatar at a maximum size of 150x150 pixels and your signature not larger than 450x150 pixels. Advertising, political content or any kind of offensive materials are not allowed in avatars or signatures.
9. Private Messaging: Please do not post the contents of your private messages on the forum without the consent of the other party. Private messages are private (as the name states), and should be treated as a personal discussion between two people off the forum.
10. Administrators and moderators have the right to modify or delete any content without having to explain the action.
11. We are not responsible for any of the material posted here or the consequences they might carry.
XPtsp.com Administration Team