Author Topic: Mod FAQ  (Read 2563 times)

dougiefresh

• Adminstrator
  • Expert Member
Mod FAQ
« on: Nov 29, 2014, 10:48:14 AM »
What do the brackets mean in the topic's Subject?
Some of the topics have a [A] at the beginning of the name of the mod.  This indicates that the mod in question has NOT been approved yet by the Simple Machines Customization Team and you will not be able to download it from the Simple Machines Customization Site.  I have made these mods available to the public in the event that someone wants to use them as they are.

Some of the topics have a [B] at the beginning of the name of the mod.  This indicates a mod that is still in the BETA stage of testing, and also has been submitted for approval through the Simple Machines Customization site.

Some of the topics have a [D] at the beginning of the name of the mod.  This indicates a discontinued mod that will not be developed any further and may have been replaced by other mods.  I am making those mods available for download despite having removed them from the Simple Machines Customization Site.

Topics may also have a [U] at the beginning of the name of the mod.  This indicates that the mod in question has NOT been and/or will NOT be approved by the Simple Machines Customization Site, for one reason or another.  Future efforts may be made in order to get the mod approved, but the licensing gives me permission to share the mod with you.

Will this mod work with SMF 1.x?
Regarding SMF 1.x, no support is planned at any point in the future.  SMF 1.x is out-of-date and I do not plan to do any maintenance to address issues with mods installed on SMF 1.x, so don't ask....

Why does such-and-such-mod have SMF 1.x support, then?
If one of my mods has support for SMF 1.x, it is a result of the mod having SMF 1.x support prior to my taking over the mod....

Will this mod work with any version of SMF 2.1?
Unless it is stated that it is for SMF 2.0.x, then the mod should work with SMF 2.1....

When will these mods be made compatible with SMF 2.1?
Support for SMF 2.1 has been implemented in most of my mods.

Can I (as a user) submit a mod here?
No.  This area is for Dougiefresh's mods that he has made public on the Simple Machines Customization Site.  Every mod (with exception of those awaiting approval) that is here has gone through the approval process and has been approved at the Simple Machines site.

Why aren't the mods listed as compatible with SMF 2.1 on SMF's own website?
Currently there is no option available on the SMF Customization Site to select compatibility with SMF 2.1.  Once there is, you can bet there every mod that is compatible with SMF 2.1 will be marked as such....

What aren't there video BBCodes mods for NFL.com, NBA.com or TSN.ca?
Simply put, neither NFL.com, NBA.com, or TSN.ca support video embedding.  I can't embed a video if the site hosting it won't allow it.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2016, 08:04:34 PM by dougiefresh »